"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Friday, November 22, 2013

Catching Fire

Today marks the day of the release of the 2nd of three Hunger Games movies entitled Catching Fire. I won't be seeing it until tomorrow, but based on the trailers and reviews, it is a must see. IMDB has it rated at 8.2 out of 10 stars! Just to give you a frame of reference...

The Dark Knight Rises: 8.6 stars
Avengers: 8.2 stars
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2: 8.1 stars
The Hobbit: 8.0 stars
Thor, The Dark World: 7.7 stars
Iron Man 3: 7.4 stars

Read more about the movie and watch the trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951264/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hunger Games Trilogy. I am a strong believer in reading books before you see any movie based on a book. I have read all three Hunger Games books, and I must say that thus far they have done a pretty good job with the movies. The director has not cut out overly important scenes, the special effects are better than I could have hoped for, and the cast is impressive! I have extremely high expectations for this movie because the 2nd book, Catching Fire, is my favorite of the trilogy of books. Adam and I are going to see the movie tomorrow after work, and I can't wait! If the trailers are good representations of the movie, I will not be disappointed (they give me goosebumps every time).


Divergent. I just finished a book entitled Divergent by Veronica Roth. It is the first of a trilogy of books: Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant. I am a sucker for book series. Anyway, this book is in many ways similar to the Hunger Games. If you enjoy the Hunger Games, I am sure you will enjoy Divergent. They are also making it into a motion picture sometime in March. Watch the trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/?ref_=nv_sr_1.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

"Above all, love each other deeply..." 1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment