"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Before I came to Seminary: Introduction

Greetings beloved friends and family!

I've been thinking about different things I can write about in my blogs to keep all of you interested. At the same time, I am reading a book (several actually)* that I would classify under something like a "faith memoir" genre. Now, now, now, if you think about it, we all have that story of our lives that can be told from such a perspective. This got me to thinking about memorable portions of my life that have eventually led me to seminary. Don't get wrong, I didn't always know that I was destined to come to seminary. As a matter of fact, I was oblivious to God's tugging for the majority of my life. So, I have decided to rewind my life a little bit over the next few weeks to show how exactly I ended up at this place called seminary.


I'll start in college and work my way back to my childhood, hoping to capture specific moments in time without forgetting about the big picture of that section of my life. I must forewarn you, this history is not particularly faith-filled and may be boring at times. But these are the things that stick out to me when I think about my journey through life thus far. If nothing else, it is an interesting tale of how God has been an ever present force in my life, even when I didn't recognize it. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I anticipate joy in writing it.

Next Post: "You're a Psychoanalyst?!"

God's Blessings! =)

*Lament for a Son, A Grace Disguised, When Bad Things Happen to Good People (all stemming from my Pastoral Care class).

No comments:

Post a Comment