"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Aristotelian Ethics

Hello again, friends! I am nearing the end of my first year at Princeton, and it has been absolutely incredible. The only things that stand between me and summer are a Young Adult Ministry paper and an unpacked dorm room.

Aristotelian Ethics and Young Adults. This is the basis of my final paper for the short-term intensive class that I am in. I am nearly completely finished with the paper, and I think it turned out better than I hoped. I took the knowledge I acquired through my Philosophy degree (it's about time I used that one) and smashed it together with the knowledge I gained the past three weeks about Young Adult Ministry to form a 14 page paper about young adult moral decision making and the church. Toward the end of my paper, I suggest ideas for how church leaders will be able to use the philosophic understandings of young people to create a sense of belonging and family in the church. To me, it's all very interesting.

Paul. More so than ever I have been reading a whole bunch of Paul. Between my Lenten discipline of Pauline scripture memorization, New Testament class, and the Romans conference, I have been swimming through Paul's letters a lot this semester. Recently, I have stumbled upon this (a reference to 2 Corinthians 12:7):


Well, I have some serious proofreading and packing to do! I'm still pondering about what to do about my blog for the summer (keep writing, take a break, write more, write less, write about new topics, write about Biblical topics, etc etc). Let me know if any of you have any suggestions or comments about the matter ("Before I came to Seminary" was a series suggestion from a friend, so comments are extremely helpful)! Take care and God bless! =)

2 comments:

  1. keep writing! I really enjoy it and you teach me with each post. Also, share your learnings from the young adult class with the WC church. We need to learn. I'd love to see the book list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, we had a bunch of articles from the Barna Group and a book called "Lost in Transition." I would also suggest "Almost Christian" "Un-Christian" and "You Lost Me." Hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete