"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kingdom Quotes Pt. I

This post has been in the works for quite some time now. It is simply a list of things that I've thought of, read, or heard somewhere. Many of them are now on sticky notes around my room. I hope some of these statements are thought provoking to you and may become sticky notes on your wall:

This is the kingdom: loving your neighbor as yourself.


Christians are people who are completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble.


God's Word gets things done.


You can come through my door but Your presence is in the way. You can come into my church, just don't move any of the furniture.


Sometimes God just has to say, "I love you too much to answer that prayer!"


Last time I checked, the death rate of the world is still at 100%.


Lord, we come before you as humble as we know how...


The more you acquire the more you desire.


We have met the enemy, and they are us.


In the call there is a promise, and it won't quiet down.


People will not care about how much you know until they know about how much you care.


If God has done it, I cannot undo it. I am not holding onto God, God is holding onto me.

Keep in mind that many of these quotations are context dependent, so if any of them rub you the wrong way, I encourage you to inquire about the context before losing sleep over it.

Peace be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment