"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Holiest of Weeks

Greetings sisters and brothers! =) I just now recognized that I have not recapped the latter part of Holy Week or Easter through a blog post. So, that is what I am going to do now! Holy Week for me was filled with a whole lot of services, a whole lot of running around, and a whole lot of reflection. I hope yours was just as fruitful as mine has been. And also... lent is over! Congratulations to those of you who gave something up or took something on and succeeded! To those of you who struggled... you still have next year (or better yet, any forty days throughout the year that you choose)!

Letters of Paul. Well friends, I was as faithful as I hoped I would be with my Scripture memorization! I have memorized more Pauline verses than I thought I ever could or would! Hooray! I must admit, avoiding ice cream and cookies was much more difficult! This is probably for two reasons: my love of ice cream and cookies, but also my affinity to scripture memorization. I hope to continue my routine without restricting myself to Pauline verses.


Maundy Thursday. In addition to other holy services at the beginning of the week in chapel, I went to Nassau Presbyterian Church for a Maundy Thursday service. It was exactly what I expected of Maundy Thursday (and just as emotion-eliciting as ever)! Also, the preacher referenced a commentary on Mark that I thought was interesting. The Scripture lesson came from Mark 14--Peter's Denial. The preacher commented that we often breeze through this passage, and when in John, we jump right to the threefold declaration of love after the Resurrection. The commentary, however, urges us to focus on this passage and draws attention to the space between Peter and Jesus after each denial--it increases. Interesting observation.


7 Last Words. Friday I went to chapel for their special service. It was a Tenebrae service of the 7 last words of Jesus interspersed with Psalm 22 and, of course, music. Since the service was at 11:30, it wasn't particularly dark, but the service was just as powerful. Thank you seminary chapel for your faithfulness!


Easter Hockey Game. After an understandably emotional week of services, I headed home with a friend of mine to spend Easter in NEPA! We spent a lot of time with my family and even went to a WBS Penguins hockey game Saturday evening! Let's go Pens!

Easter morning, we went to the Presbyterian Church in my hometown, and then headed back to our academic Christian bubble in Princeton! Overall it was a pretty swell week + weekend!

Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! Amen!


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment