"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Saturday, April 21, 2012

With Joy and Happiness

This week was oober busy, friends, so I have had zero time to sit down and write a blog post. This nice thing about this week is that it is over! I have successfully completed all of my assignments, exams, projects, papers, everything! Wooo Hooo! Time for a loooong weekend before May term begins! Before moving onto that, however, I will try to fully recap this past week:

NT Exam. After spending 3 days or so memorizing the entire New Testament, studying key terms, reviewing essays, remembering maps, etc etc. I took the test Wednesday morning, and I feel great about it. Easy peasy! Word in the cafeteria has it that the hardest part about the whole thing was Scripture Identification. Lucky for me, I am very good at this without actively studying it. It's just the kind of memory I have, I suppose. Also, we had some interesting bonus question: seven dwarfs, seven churches in Revelation, quotation from Jude, etc. Our NT professors have quite a sense of humor.

Hesed in Pastoral Care. My 12 page PC paper was about my theology of Pastoral Care. I wrote about the importance of hesed--that is, steadfast love and faithfulness--in care-giving. It's quite interesting. I discussed compassion, empathy, and co-suffering on three levels: individual, communal, and cosmic. I'll let you all know what my professor thought of my paper in about a week's time. ;)

Hannah's Identity. My other paper, which ended up being about 10 pages in length was a little bit more difficult to write. There isn't much literature on Women's Narratives in the Old Testament, so much of what I wrote was just from me (with little scholarly support). I made an argument from a feminist perspective about Hannah's search for self-identity. We'll see if my professor thinks I made a compelling argument.

Psalms. I love the Psalms! They're pretty awesome. I have had to do a number of projects for this class, and I did each and every one of them with joy and happiness! If you'd like to see some of my work, shoot me an email, send me a text, or find me at church on some random Sunday; I'd be happy to share. =) After going to the singing portion of my final, my whole practicum class went to our professor's house for a cookout! It was pretty awesome to relax at this point during finals week!

 
Let's go Pens! On top of all of these finals, I have had to deal with the up-down, roller coaster, inconsistent playing of my beloved Pittsburgh Penguins! Now, I know that many of you reading this are Flyers fans, but come on, this series has been ridiculous. The defense and goalies need to step it up! I'm hoping we push it to a game 7 after tomorrow's game! Let's go Pens!

I hope all is well with each and every one of you! Blessings and Peace!! 

1 comment:

  1. I have a curriculum for women about women including Hannah written by a friend of mine. If you want a copy for your files, I can pass it on after I check with the author. The prayers are amazing in this curriculum plus the research is also solid.
    I would love the psalms stuff that you have too. I haven't studied psalms much and this might provide a jump start.

    ReplyDelete