"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Friday, January 13, 2012

"Determination is what you need right now!"

Good day everyone! I think I can officially say that I am beginning to get sick-and-tired of Hebrew. Hebrew this, Hebrew that, Hebrew everything! Good news for me, however, is that I just totally rocked that 2nd midterm, AND now I get a three day weekend. By Tuesday, I should be adequately un-sick-and-tired of Hebrew! Hooray! Keeping in mind that I still have the other half of class in about 20 minutes where our Rabbi friend is back for a special visit with our class (more on that later this weekend), I will instead write about other occurrences this week.

ASL class. Wooo Hoo, an official ASL class here at PTS! This is going to be awesome! It will begin in the spring semester and be a one hour a week not-for-credit class. A few friends and I have managed to pick up some ASL here and there from those around us very skilled in ASL (Noah, Nelson, Jacob), and I would argue that we could hold our own in a conversation.... BUT, now with a class, we'll get even better! Yay! Yesterday, a few of us even had a whole conversation at lunch using only ASL! Oh, the wonderful sounds of silence!

Frailty of Life. For me, January has been a lesson all about this. Several of my very dear friends have been in the hospital, others have had severe illnesses, it seems like everyone is getting sick, anxiety and depression are in season, prayer requests for healing and recovery have hit me like a tidal wave of emotion, and now my beloved brother is in ICU. I have been lucky enough to avoid any of this stuff happening to me, but it's almost worse in a way because many around me are suffering, and there is very little I can do about it. I suppose that's the nature of health issues, though. I'm persistently praying and in the meantime I am here to listen, to pray with and for others, and hopefully to provide social support that may be needed. Hopefully, February brings with it more than just a new semester. Anyway, look at my fortune:

Determination is right! =)

Well, I am very near to being late for the lecture half of my Hebrew class this morning! I wish all the best to each of you, and humbly ask for your prayers for all of my friends mentioned above and also my brother. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment