"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Backpacks

I was scrolling through my pictures on my phone the other day, and I realized that I took this picture awhile ago with the intent of writing a post about it! Clearly, I forgot about it until now! So here goes:

Leave it at the door. Here at Princeton Seminary we have chapel every weekday (with Communion on Fridays). Everyday when we walk into chapel, we leave our backpacks at the door. For many reasons we don't bring our bags in with us. It's symbolic as well as practical (try having every student with their backpack fit into our chapel). Look closely and you will see:


Come, Bring Your Burdens to God. Chapel is a place for anything on a full spectrum of emotions. Sometimes we have sing-y days, other days we have liturgy days, most days it includes a meditation of some sort. We have such a wide array of chapel services because each one is planned by the MDiv senior preaching that day (or the chapel office if there is not meditation). Through all these types of services, it is always a place to bring your burdens to God (as we sang the other day) because there is always (ALWAYS!) a time for prayer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgSHi1OsIXk

Matthew 11:28-30. This was one of my memory verses from a while ago, and I love it! "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


I continue to keep all of you in my prayers. If you have a prayer request, feel free to email it to me! Take care! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment