"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weekend in DC

I am interrupting my "Before I came to Seminary" series to tell you all a little bit about my Spring Break week thus far. It has been quite action-packed and fun-filled!


Weekend Respite. Being a creature of habit and routine, I would do pretty much the same basic things everyday for the past five weeks of the term. This week, however, time to change it up and add some non-school related excitement. A small group of us took a little weekend trip to KO's house just outside of Washington D.C.  A brief outline of the weekend: arrive Saturday night, church Sunday morning, Old Ellicott City Sunday afternoon, make awesome cupcakes Sunday night, Washington D.C. on Monday, leave early on Tuesday.


Cheese Grilled Cheese! Lunch on Saturday! Cheese grilled cheese! That's right. It is basically grilled cheese with cheese on the inside and outside! It's quite a wonderful creation!



Cupcakes. And then on Sunday night, we decided to make aquarium cupcakes instead of actually going to the Baltimore aquarium... it's much cheaper and far tastier!


D.C. This is such a fun place. I have been there several times, but this was probably the most fun time thus far. We went to the Capitol building, National Archives, White House, Vietnam War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, Washington Monument, and National Museum of American History. And we walked everywhere--yep, look at us, but we also had some sore feet by the end of the day. It was a good way to justify the grilled cheese and cupcakes from the day before. =)

Vietnam War Memorial (Left) & National Museum of American History (Right)

WC. After a day layover in Princeton, I made my way to West Chester to meet up with some friends and go to the church's midweek fellowship program! I got a chance to catch up with one of my college roommates, I got to see my church mom (great, great news!), and I participated in the very impressive Bridge program.

Now, the rest of the week I will be in good 'ol NEPA keeping myself busy with social engagements. Hopefully I will find time to study for my huge NT midterm and do my taxes (yuck!). I continue to keep all of you in my prayers! God Bless! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment