"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Friday, December 2, 2011

Bert Reynolds Day

I'm am going to apologize in advance for the lack of pictures on this blog. I had no device to allow me to take any pictures when I was pleasantly surprised during my lunch with the end of a month long mustache competition.

I had heard of the competition in passing at the end of October, but I didn't realize just how serious the men of this seminary take this competition. Some of them had very interesting and creative "moooose-staches" (as they pronounce the word). We had three lovely judges to guide us through the competition: a church history professor, a student, and our Aramark representative. It was very interesting. Also, a classmate of mine commentated the whole thing.

So basically, there were four categories: best incoming mustache, most creative mustache, best attempt mustache and best overall mustache. The rules were simple. Start clean shaven November 1st, and let it grow throughout the month. On December 1st, shave it how you please (usually in some kind of design). Each contestant introduced himself in each category and then gave the name of his mustache. There were quite humorous names. The ones that stuck in my memory: money's tail, chaps, white lightning, Saturday morning hangover. There were a lot more, but I have an awful memory.

It was a great way to ease some tension that was floating around in the shadows of upcoming finals. It really is an awesome tradition!

Just a quick update. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment