"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Light(s) of the World

As some of you may or may not know, I have quite a sketchy memory. My brain decides to remember and forget things according to its own will. Therefore, I apologize that I forgot to mention something for about the past two weeks. Here at the seminary, we publish something called "Testament." It is basically a small biyearly journal of different student submissions. This semester's Testament includes sermons, poems, reflections, prayers, and pictures. I highly recommend checking it out: http://ptsem.edu/

Carols of Many Nations. Wow. What a wonderful concert! This included all three choirs and about a bazillion different languages! It was all Christmas music, and there were a few hymns where everyone got to sing (which I particularly appreciated)! Some Anthems were sung completely in other languages! AWESOME! Oh, and I forgot about the descants in some of these hymns--can you say goosebumps and tingles! Yay! We definitely were in full Christmas mode last night. The concert ended with the passing of light, Silent Night, and Joy to the World. I am totally ready for Christmas Eve! The concert was really awesome and uplifting! Go choir friends, you rock!

 
Christmas Lights. Let me just tell you all how difficult it is to make ropelight (or lightrope or whatever it is called) look good anywhere except a porch. It's ridiculous! It's my only source of real Christmas decoration in my room, and it won't even stay put. Stupid lights. I have to go get some real lights--you know, the ones that don't weigh a ton and will easily stay up with thumbtacks or tape. Anyway, moving on--a very dear friend of mine made a suggestion the other day that we should simply drive around looking for Christmas lights! I love love love this idea! I used to do it when I was younger, except we always went to Bethlehem, PA because they have the best lights around (that I know of). So, hopefully, maybe sometime this weekend (for a study break), some of us can just jump in a car and go light-seeing (haha, like "sightseeing"). It should be fun fun fun! =)

Oh, but check out this awesome picture I stumbled upon:


I am one day away from the end of classes for the semester! And then onto finals week! AND THEN ONTO CHRISTMAS EVE WEEK! YAY!

"You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."
 Matthew 5:14-16

May the peace of Christ Jesus be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment