"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Messiah

Behold! I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.
Luke 2:10-11

Good day to each of you! I hope this post finds you not swarming in piles of notes, and not reading until your eyes hurt, and not falling asleep with a Bible on your face. That would be really weird because that's what I've been doing! I pumped though, ready to go and rock some tests. Rumor has it, that the tests are actually afraid of the students around here! Who knew! Anyway, I'm sure you're not interested in my study stories, but you may be interested in my study break stories:

Messiah. I went to a performance of Handel's Messiah last night at UChapel! The place was packed, and they had us sit according to the part we sing. We didn't go through the whole thing--that would have taken two and a half hours, but we went through a lot of it (an hour and a half's worth, at least). It was super fun and there were some amazing soloists. And I don't know how much you know about the music itself, but it's hard:


I did my best to keep up and not lose my spot. Pft, bad night to wear my five year old glasses and not contacts. We ended on the well known Hallelujah! chorus. My favorite was For Unto Us a Child is Born chorus. What a wonderful study break with some fantastic friends!


Saving sanity. Speaking of music, I have been proactive about keeping my sanity during this week. I mean this in jest, of course, but some people do get a little loopy (including myself) after a long study session with no break. So, I have been taking snip-it breaks to solidify the information I've studied to have five or ten minutes of quick fun. I'd like to introduce you to Electra and [unnamed guitar]:

Electra (left) and [unnamed guitar] right.

If you have guitar name suggestions for [unnamed guitar], I would be happy to hear them! My old acoustic's name was Laura, so don't recommend that. So, either comment below or email me: ashley.reimold@gmail.com. Music has been such a wonderful gift for me during this season of advent! The church really has some good gems for this season. Well, I should probably get back to my studying! 

Shalom, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment