"What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"

Friday, December 23, 2011

Glory to God in the Highest

Greetings! Less than one day until Christmas Eve, and I am overly excited! It is going to be a wonderful day! I'm definitely ready! All of this waiting during Advent has all led up to tomorrow evening! It is by far my favorite day of the year--the most holy night with the best news in the world:

"And the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy for all the people: For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased." Luke 2:10-14

Praying the "O Antiphons." I got a lovely email on Monday inviting me into a week of specialized prayer with other members of the Presbytery. Considering my particular love for advent, I especially appreciate this time of prayer. The "O Antiphons" are seven titles for Jesus, originally in Latin: Sapientia (Wisdom), Adonai (Lord), Radix Jesse (Root of Jesse), Clavis David (Key of David), Oriens (Dayspring), Rex Gentium (King of Nations), and Emmanuel. The emails are complete devotions with art, examples, thoughts, prayers, and questions for reflection. I have really enjoyed it thus far and plan on saving the emails to return to this time next year. If you'd like a copy, I'd be glad to forward them to you.

Christmas Eve. Tomorrow is going to be incredible, I can feel it! I love celebrating Christmas and am blessed enough to spend it at my wonderful church. The schedule is full, but it's going to be something else! 
     3:00pm Unrehearsed Christmas Pageant
     5:00pm Family Service
     7:00pm Traditional Service
     9:00pm Traditional Service
     10:30pm Communion Service
The 5:00pm Family Service is looking especially exciting this year. Our praise band is playing in the sanctuary! I am looking forward to it.

When one sound board won't do it... bring the other one over! My prime seat for the 5:00pm service!

This Christmas Eve should have a nice mix of little children running around, contemporary music, traditional hymns, and spiritual moments. There is nothing like the communion service--you really feel God's presence! Anyway, I'll be there for all services, and I sure hope to see you there! First Pres WC knows what Christmas is all about. =) Glory to God in the highest! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment